There are rumors that there will be over 100 new Pokemon. Sword and Shield will feature older Pokemon as well.
- You now have free control of your camera which will allow you to search for items, areas, or wild Pokemon around the area
- Dynamax Pokemon – a new item that will allow your Pokemon to grow massively in size like a Godzilla monster
- All your Pokemon moves will change to “Mega” moves which will provide different effects based on your attacks
- It will last only 3 threes and can only be used once per battle (similar to Mega Pokemon)
- Max Raid Battles – While exploring the area, you can go with 4 other trainers to challenge while Dynamax Pokemon
- The raid Pokemon will always be Dynamax and be much stronger than normal
- Only one trainer can Dynamax
- In case you don’t have any friends, it will provide NPC players
- Once you defeat it, you’ll have a chance to catch it with a massive Pokeball!
- Only certain Pokemon will show at Max Raids
- You can play online with people to catch Pokemon (It requires Nintendo Online Service)
Gym Battles Return
- Gym battles and gym leaders are returning in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
- You’ll face Gym Leaders in specific stadiums so that Pokemon can Dynamax!
- When you battle, the crowd will cheer as it becomes more intense
That’s it for the Direct! Are you excited for Pokemon Sword and Shield? The game will release November 15, 2019, worldwide!