Square-Enix accidentally revealed that Octopath Traveler was coming to PC last week. The game’s official Steam Product page was updated with a release date of June 7th. The trailer for the PC version is below. There aren’t any differences from the Switch version but you can expect a better resolution. The hardware needed to run Octopath Traveler is quite light.
Metacritic and review wise, it did quite well. It ranged from 83 – 87.
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
– Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
– Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
– Use each character’s distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
– Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
– Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
– Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world