It’s been a week since I received my PlayStation 5. I’ve played three titles: Bugsnax, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon Souls and I got to say…the PlayStation 5 is pretty solid.
- PlayStation Store is a lot faster on the console. It is incredibly easy to access the store and barely takes any time to load in comparison to a PS4. The search option is a lot better and I actually wouldn’t mind using the store on my console; especially since the new webpage isn’t that great.
- Strong but a quiet beast. The PS5 is relatively quiet even when I’m playing games. The fan hum is quite low however it was quite loud when I was downloading games on my console.
- Controller feedback is amazing. Feeling the run in Bugsnax felt nice and didn’t feel too shaky while I was swinging as Spider-Man. The back trigger buttons also feel nice although it can tend to flick back at times. The best part is the noise from the controller. Catching Bugsnax or hearing the visceral strikes in Demon Souls really make the games sound out more.
- Load times are also small. I’m not a huge parts but the PS5 takes barely anytime to load a game in comparison to the PS4. You can change games pretty quickly which is nice.
- The buttons aren’t as responsive. Maybe it’s just when playing Spider-Man but sometimes the L1+R1 don’t always work together. The 4 face buttons don’t feel as good to press. In comparison to the PS4 face buttons, the PS5 controller isn’t as nice.
- The PS5 is also lacking in USB ports. There is only one in the front and two USB ports in the back. Meaning if you want to charge your controllers or have an external memory drive, you might need to figure which device takes which spot for your console.
Most likely people reading this haven’t been able to get a PS5. Good luck on your search! My console is the disc version.