Have you been honing your skills online in Smash or Splatoon 2? Nintendo is hosting their second online tournament which features Super Smash Bro. Ultimate and Splatoon 2. Here are the rules below
Super Smash Bro. Ultimate
Sign up on Battlefy.com.
Each region will be split up based on parts of North America. Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast. You can check your region here. Each region starts Qualifiers will be held February 2, 2019. Finals will be held February 9, 2019. The registration period for the Regions Online Event 1 is January 22, 2019, through February 2, 2019, at 9:00 AM PT. Check your standard times!
- Format: One-on-One (1 player vs. 1 player), single elimination (Best of One)
- Seeding will be determined by Battlefy prior to the start of the Tournament. Battlefy to determine seeding based on player ranking and/or play history.
- All game results must be reported on Battlefy
- Style: Time
- Time Limit: 7:00
- FS Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Damage Handicap: Off
- Items: Low
- Smash Ball: On
- Stage Morph: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Launch Rate: 1.0x
- Underdog Boost: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Only Top 4 will advance to the Online Events Final Rounds
Jan. 22 – Feb. 10 at 9 a.m. PT
The team captain must register all four members (and one optional alternate) of the team online via Battlefy.com.
All results must be registered through Battlefy
INK POOLS ONLINE QUALIFIER
Starts at 9 a.m. PT and ends when the top eight teams have been determined.
Required Gameplay and Settings: Once the two designated Teams are in the Private Battle room, the host must select Turf War with the following settings:
- Stage : Stages will be pre-determined by Sponsor and displayed on the Battlefy bracket and the Tournament chat before the start of the match.
- Weapons/Gear: Anything player has unlocked may be used, except that Splatfest Tees are not allowed to be worn. Any player wearing a Splatfest Tee may result in an automatic loss for their Team in Sponsor’s discretion.
- Settings: The host must press X Button for more options, and then set the following settings:
- No Secondary abilities: OFF
- Use amiibo Gear: ON
- Use amiibo User Name: OFF
- Reset Options Every Match: OFF