I’m trying a new format for TLDW by adding bullet points to keep it short and sweet. Let me know if you like this format.
Nintendo 3DS Games
WarioWare Gold: Releases August 3rd.
- 300 mini-games for 3DS involving Wario-Ware games.
- Some returning characters have been redesigned
- Games involve motion controls, your voice, touch screen and button presses
Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breaker: Demo available May 10th. Releases May 24
- Partner with your Mii animal characters.
- Your friends Miis can join
- Tower defense+racing and some arena fighting
Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story 3DS+Bowser Junior’s Journey: Launches 2019
- Fight as Mario and Luigi and Bowser.
- Re-release from Nintendo DS
- Comes with additional Bowser Junior story where you play from his point of view during the main story
Detective Pikachu: releases March 23rd
- Play as Detective Pikachu and solve the mystery of attacking Pokemon
- A different form of gameplay that focuses on solving mysteries and less on battling Pokemon
- Amibo is 5.3 inches. 2x bigger than normal
Luigi Mansion Remake: Releases this year.
- The map is on the bottom screen
- Fans of the Luigi Mansion game returns!
- You suck up the ghost with your trusty vacuum to save Mario
Kirby Star Allies: releases March 16th. Free update releases March 28th.
- Demo currently out
- Can have fan favorite allies such as King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee…
- More dream friends will be added after launch such as Rick, Kine, and Coo from Kirby Dream Land 2, Markx from Super Star Ultra, Gooey from Kirby Dream Land 3
- If you pre-order, you get a special bag
Okami: Available this summer
- HD remake of the game that is currently out for other consoles
- Touch screen or motion control to use paint brushes
- Classic Capcom game with an amazing cast of characters as you play as Amatarsu.
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido: Available June 8th for Switch and 3DS
- Raised in a war where sushi is forbidden
- Ear more sushi with matching and match them such as a puzzle game. You can activate sushi sprites abilities after combining enough sushi. Think of it like Tsum Tsums
- You fight against the emperor and their sushi monopoly!
- Multiplayer mode. 1v1 sushi fighting
- New IP from Nintendo
Octopath Traveler: Releases July 13, 2018. Demo currently available
- Two new characters. Tressa the Merchant. Can purchase special items from town folks.
- Apothacery Alfyn: inquire and gain special features when talking to town folk.
- Job system: everyone starts with one but gain an additional one for battle. Combining jobs give you unique abilities. Game launches July 13, 2018.
- The special edition comes with pop-up book, a map, CD, and in-game currency coin.
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes: Releases later this year
- Multiple game modes as Travis enters game worlds. 7 different worlds with different
- Exterminate all bugs in your way with the beam katana
- Tons of new bosses that aren’t trying to be number one Assassin
- Co-op multiplayer where your partner plays as Bad-man!
- Beam katanas, toilet save points, and suplexes are all returning
- The game is much more colorful with the different game themes
Dark Souls Remaster: Releases May 25th
- Solaire of Astora amiibo releases the same time as the game
- Network test to try out the game if you haven’t played Dark Souls before
- Details on Network test coming soon
Mario Tennis Aces: Releases June 22nd
- The biggest focus of the direct
- More than 15 players including chomp chomp.
- Tennis refined and more ways to play tennis.
- Multiple shots. Zone shot lets you pinpoint moves with motion action.
- Rackets take damage and break. If you lose all your tennis rockets you’re out.
- You can block the Zone shot if you hit it just right. Otherwise, your racket takes damage
- Zone speed, time moves slowly so you can hit back the Zone shots with better timing
- Zone depends on energy gauge. Fills up as the rally continues.
- Trick shots give you special movements. If you hit the ball back you gain more energy but its a specific movement for each character.
- Max energy can give you a special shot.
- Play with simple rules if you hate fun.
- 4 player multiplayer online mode. Tournaments are based on ranking. If you win, you get in-game shirts and additional characters.
- Swing mode is motion control if you prefer something like Wii Tennis
- A pre-launch online tournament is a 1v1 online tournament. Details for a later date.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Releases July 13th
- port from Nintendo Wii U.
- Includes super Mario Odyssey game levels.
- Can play multiplayer where your friend will shoot tomatoes to protect you
- Nintendo 3DS port too!
- Toad loves adventure
Undertale: Unknown release date
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: Releases July 10th
- Also out for Xbox One and Steam.
- First time on a Nintendo console
Little Nightmare: Complete Edition: Releases May 18th
- A puzzle platformer with horror influence.
- Comes with 2 DLC stories and all previous content.
- In-game Pacu Mask if you use the Pac-Man amiibo.
South Park: Fracture but Whole: Releases April 24th
- South Park RPG with that classic South Park humor from the show
- DLC isn’t included
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition: releases May 18th
- Us and Canada open tournament: March 8 – 18th. Top 8 on March 31st.
- Top winners get unique art piece. More updates in the future.
- March 31st 3 -day event to play for free
- March 21: GDC Developers will speak on Arms and Splatoon
Splatoon 3.0 update: Late April.
- 100+ pieces of new gear. New stages.
- Rank X is an extreme rank that will come soon. More conditions to meet where you meet Callie where you can climb to Rank X. Making the game more competitive.
- New Singleplayer mode focusing on a new character called Agent 8. An Octoling w/o memory. Your adventure is through shady underground test facility. Its all one connected huge subway. Variety of mission that will expand on the characters and lore.
- If you finish it, you can play multiplayer as an Octoling.
- This is the first paid downloadable content.
- 2018 is the year of the Octoling bc Octo means 8.
- You can pre-order the DLC to unlock Octo gear
Super Smash Bros for Switch for 2018
- That’s it. You know you’re gonna buy it